The end of an era and the beginning of a new!

1:58 PM

There are three topics that I was always told as a child that you don't debate or argue over: Race, Religion and Politics. But over the course of years, I have often times found myself discussing at least one of them and even to the point where I'm left defending both my race and my religion. So today, I feel compel to share my own personal opinion as it reflects to this new dawning age of the Trump. First off, I am truly saddened that Obama is no longer President but I know his work will continue on. That job or any job has the ability to build you up and then turn around and tear you completely apart. His presidency for many of Americans specifically, blacks was often times tumultuous particularly how many felt, he didn't speak up more for black Americans however, people failed to realize that he is not the sole leader of Blacks, Whites, Hispanics or Asians hence he is the leader of the "Free World-America". When he made decisions, he made them according to the needs of the people which comprise of people from all ethnicities. For me as a black american in 2008, I witnessed something that I never thought in a million years that I would see. In this lifetime, I witnessed a black man from the south side of Chicago become President of the United States. That moment within itself will go down in my book as "The Most Historical Moment in Black History". I am proud to have witnessed that moment. But not only that but I am proud to have witnessed a black family display the epitome of dignity, grace, values and integrity. This family acted as a model for all of those that believe that this kind of black love no longer exist. For eight years, they were scandal-free but yet endured so much hate and disrespect that I never recalled another president receive. Not even Clinton for his extramarital affairs and not even Bush for the illusion of the whole Weapon of Mass Destruction concept. Obama presidency showed me that race was live and well in America and his becoming was uncomfortable for some. With all of that said, I am going to miss Former President Obama and his entire family. But like the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". I am not a fan of Trump and the rhetoric that rose him to presidential fame. It is upsetting that someone could use such rhetoric to rise to the top but people do what they have to do to get to where they want to. Despite what he did, I just hope that he focuses on making the many things he said wrong, right. I hope he works for all Americans and display a high level of compassion, respect and empathy to all people. America isn't perfect and many of the choices we as the people have made weren't perfect either however, over the course of American history we have seen this country get better, stronger and wiser. What has been broken can be fixed and for that I hope that he see that what makes this country the best is it's PEOPLE!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram